Busy week ends with a loss.

The Green Gaels were extremely busy last week playing 3 games in four nights, and so was our Social Media guy (the person also writing this article), as he was away at the Schmalz Cup Final in Woodstock. 

Head over to our YouTube Channel to check out highlights from all three games.


Thursday May 11th

Gaels vs Ironheads

Garrett Thomson got the start for the Green Gaels allowing 8 goals on 56 shots. 2 goals each by Tucker and Drimmie as well as a goal by Ethan Lee would see the Gaels leading 5-2 after 20 minutes. The teams would trade goals in the second from before the Ironheads stormed back in the third. A goal by Zach Page would get the Ironheads within one with less then two minutes to play, but the Green D and goaltending would shut down any hope of the Ironheads completing the comeback. The Green Gaels would move to 4-0 on the season with the 9-8 victory over the Ironheads.

Saturday May 13th

Gaels vs Gloucester

Craig Johansson would get the start stopping 7 of 40 shots faced. The Gaels scored more then half there goals in the first frame, leading 7-5 after 20 minutes. In the second goals by Christy, Hicks, McNutt and Drimmie would add to the Gaels lead and the second period ended with the Gaels leading the Griffin's 11-6. The teams would trade goals on the final frame and when the buzzer sounded the Gaels improved their record to 5-0.

Sunday May 14th

Gaels vs Nepean

Sunday was a different story, when the 6-0 Nepean Knights rolled into town one thing was certain only one team would come away still undefeated. Nepean lead the league last year going 18-2 and we're looking to start off the season going 7-0. They succeeded. They silenced the Gaels offence holding them to just three goals, while burying 19 of there own behind goaltender Garrett Thompson. In all fairness to Thompson he was able to turn away 47 of 57 shots in the loss. 

The Gaels now get ready to host the Orangeville Northmen this Thursday at Rickard, game time is set for 8pm.